Spectrum Laser Aesthetics uses advanced diode laser technology and the safest protocols to ensure your skin’s success. To ensure the best results, please follow the detailed aftercare instructions provided during your treatment. Below are a few aftercare tips to keep in mind.
• Avoid excessive sun or UV exposure for at least 7 days following your treatment. Overexposure to the sun can cause unwanted pigmentation changes from occurring. Apply a broad spectrum SPF 30 or higher to the treatment area for ongoing maintenance following each laser session. Tanning activities such as tanning beds should also be avoided.
• Apply aloe vera, a cold compress, or soothing ointment to alleviate any sensitivity, redness, or swelling.
• Avoid hot water for 24 to 48 hours after treatment. This includes showers, baths, steam rooms, and saunas.
• Your hair will begin to thin and shed naturally over the weeks following each treatment. Gently exfoliate the treatment area with a washcloth to remove the dead hair out of the follicles.
• Do not tweeze, pluck, or epilate any hairs that are still connected following a treatment. Hairs MUST be attached to the follicle and in their active growth stage for laser treatment to be successful. Shaving and trimming the hair is acceptable.
• If you experience any adverse or unwanted side effects, call our office immediately.